Home Offices – Remote & Home Working is Here to Stay! An Infographic from Corcoran’s
The figures are undeniable. There is a definite shift among Irish workers (and the wider EU and UK) to move away from a central corporate office to offices in devolved remote working and home working locations. This view was endorsed by the “Remote Working in Ireland, 2022 National Survey Findings” published by the Whittaker Institute for Innovation and Societal Change in May 2022.
The three types of worker roles
Broadly speaking there are three types of primary office working roles. These are:
- Centralised office role – working full-time from a centralised office along with co-workers
- Hybrid – working somewhere between one and four days per week at home or in another remote location
- Fully remotely – working full time from home or in another remote location
Changes in working habits
The predominant shift in recent times has been from the centralised office role (only 8%) to either the hybrid role (52%) or the fully remote role (40%), with statistics taken from the Irish survey. This shift has moved faster in pace since the COVID-19 pandemic with employers enabling workers to work from home, particularly during lockdowns.
IT infrastructure has been an essential enabler
Of course, enabling homeworking meant placing an IT infrastructure in place, which is still being used post-pandemic. In fact, IT was for a long time one of the barriers to remote working and home working. Advances in broadband, IT hardware, and IT software including communication tools such as Zoom, make it clear that remote and home working is here to stay!
Remote working and home working infographic
We have created an infographic discussing advances in remote and home working, which has the following sections:
The sections above will give you a flavour of what the infographic contains, but below you will see the whole infographic.
See the infographic!
Office space savings:
HOW TO MAKE HOME WORKING A REALITY?
Watch our video!
We have also created a video to support our infographic, simply click on the link below to view the video.
Choose Corcorans to buy quality office furniture for home offices
Another part of essential remote working and home working infrastructure is office furniture.
Choose from a wide range of quality office furniture here at Corcoran’s. We summarise our range below, with all the supporting furniture you will need to facilitate your move to remote and home working and will ensure you thrive in your 9-5!
We provide links to our main category pages as well as blog posts on these topics in the section below:
- Office chairs – choosing comfortable, stylish, and ergonomically designed office chairs is crucial for home offices. There are many factors to consider when buying office chairs. We also recommend you read our dos and don’ts guide to buying office chairs
- Office desks – we have various types of office desks available including desks with storage to meet a variety of needs. It is also essential to position office tables for maximising workplace productivity
- Bookcases – are essential for storing important work documents and books, and our range of diverse bookcases has something for everyone. Bring personality and function with our bookcases range
- Filing cabinets – buying a filing cabinet is a great idea as an alternative or in addition to a bookcase. In jobs with significant paperwork, they are a lifesaver! Lockable cabinets are available for those with sensitive documents which need to be kept secure
- Table lamps – choose from various types of table lamps for home offices with gooseneck lamps, spotlight lamps, and table lamps all being among the best lamp options
Related blog articles
We also recommend you read these related articles about home office furniture, which will help you make an informed choice:
- Ergonomic Factors When You Buy Office Furniture in Ireland
- 7 Ways to Update Your Home Office on a Budget and
- Common Home Office Problems Solved!
Advice about buying office furniture to work from home
We hope you have enjoyed this blog article and our infographic. Here at Corcoran’s, we passionately believe that remote and home working is here to stay. Contact us for friendly, informal advice about buying home office furniture. Contact us using the following methods:
- Phone – 064 669 1112 and
- Email – using our contact form